LRM Client BETA 4.2.1 Feedback

Hey all,

If you’ve downloaded, installed and have been testing the LRM Client BETA 4.2.1 release please use this thread to report any issues or give general feedback.

The plan is, assuming that all goes well during the beta phase that this version will be released at the end of this month (June 2021).

If you think you have found an issue but not sure as to if it really is one please don’t be shy and ensure you post it as a reply below (there is no such thing as a silly question) and it is most important that any issues or bizarre edge cases are capture and resolved prior to the release going public later this month.

Equally, if you would like to share any comments about the new features in this BETA release please comment below too - these would be most helpful :+1:

Thanks again to all the beta testers that have downloaded and are using this release during the BETA phase!

Thanks,
Bobby

Did some Testflights today and caught a LRM crash. Info below:

Bobby moved crash log to GitHub issues

Ohhhh that’s strange - Do you remember what type of aircraft you was flying at the time? and what simulator was you using? I assume MSFS 2020?

I thought I had fixed that issue (which was affecting larger aircraft).

I’ll move the error log to a new issue - thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

Sure, I used X-Plane 11 together with the ToLiss A319-100.

Interesting - thanks for letting me know. Did this happen multiple times with this aircraft (and other aircraft seemed ok) or was it a “one off” and other flights with the same aircraft seemed ok?

Do you recall when this occurred? Was is almost immediately, just after take-off or maybe just after landing?

Sorry for all the questions - it’ll just help me immensely :slight_smile:

If you can’t remember, no worries, just on the off chance really :slight_smile:

…and to be fair, XP11 is probably the least tested on this release so far so I really appreciate this issue being raised :slight_smile:

No worries!
I went onto Approach in Kopenhagen and loaded a Situation in the ToLiss. The crash occured after loading an Autosave. Sadly, I don’t have the Log of X-Plane on hand - forgot to save it :frowning:

That’s perfect information :+1: Thanks!

I’ll look into it this week then.

Great work by the way! Love the work you’re doing! I have one problem though in 4.2.1, I have unticked ‘cabin announment after arrival’ option, but it still plays the announcement. I’m using P3D and it happens in both FSLabs and PMDG aircraft.

Hey avionixz,

Welcome to the forums!

Firstly, thanks for your kind words - I really appreciate them!

Thanks for reporting this issue to me, I will look into it this week as soon as I get the time and will look to push out a new “beta” version to address this issue :slight_smile:

For now, if it’s super annoying for you - you could downgrade to the older version if you wanted - It might also be worth maybe restarting the client AFTER you disable the cabin sounds as that may resolve the problem until I can get a fix sorted and published. (if it does resolve the issue maybe you could quickly post here your results :))

Kind regards,
Bobby

Ah, I didn’t think of that (restarting after unticking), I’ll try now and will let you know! Appreciate it! Will report back later with results.

Great - Fingers crossed, let’s see if it works :slight_smile:

I’ll wait to hear back from you then.

Hi Bobby, just landed but it still played the announcement unfortunately! :frowning_face: I’ll revert to the previous version for now.
Kind regards

Ok, that’s a shame but thanks for letting me know avionixz - I’ll be sure to get it fixed this week though and post back in this thread when there is a new BETA available :+1:

@avionixz @thunfischbaum I have released a new version of the LRM client (BETA 4.2.2) which should resolve both your previously reported issues.

Please see the latest download link and provide any further feedback in this thread: LRM Client BETA 4.2.2 Feedback

I’ll now close this thread to avoid people testing/reporting the older 4.2.1 release.

Thanks guys,
Regards,
Bobby