LRM Client BETA 4.2.2 Feedback

Today I have released another version of the LRM client that fixes a few issues reported by users, these issues are as follows:-

• The “After arrival SFX” play regardless of if the setting is disabled in the user preferences.
  • An exception is thrown reporting an Int32 to Int16 conversion error (reported to happen in XP11 with the Toliss A319 but could have likely happened with other larger aircraft too!)

You can download the latest BETA release from: https://lk2.in/kN

Simply download and run the installer (it will automatically update your LRM client version)

As always please report back any feedback for this release specifically in this thread.

I really appreciate any and all BETA testing that you guys are able to do as it obviously helps catch any issues before I release it as an official stable release.

Thanks,
Bobby

3 Likes

Tried to reproduce the Error, appears to be fixed!

Awesome - thank you so much for the feedback @thunfischbaum!

…I appreciate it especially as i’m 100% satisfied on that the other issue (arrival announcements) are working perfect too (as I did a ton of testing on that specifically the other night) so hopefully this BETA release can soon be classed as “stable” and be released to the public :slight_smile:

Hope you have a great weekend and will speak again soon :slight_smile:

Regards,
Bobby

2 Likes

Is there a way you can make MY plane white or some color
on the radar?

This isn’t possible at the moment (as I’ve not added this as a feature) but this is something that I plan to add in the very near future.

Given that the “selected” aircraft (when you click on an aircraft on the map) is white, I’ll probably change the outline colour of the current user’s aircraft to have, say a red border around it to distinguish it from other aircraft on the main radar map - hopefully, this will achieve the same kind of result as you’re after :slight_smile:

PS. Any luck on getting XP11 working (assuming you’ve had the chance to try it yet?)

Success! I sent you an e-mail, but it returned undeliverable.
However, I flew 1 hour and 35 minutes with LRM and all is well!
Flying with X-Plane and LRM worked and I could connect both to each other.
Thanks for all you do. If I can help, let me know.

1 Like

@wvernonc that is great news! Enjoy your flights, always three green (:

1 Like

Great stuff - I’m super pleased it’s all working now and yes, LRM client can work with all simulators on the same computer (as long as you have the right versions of FSUIPC installed for MSFS2020/P3D/FSX and FS2004) as well as XPUIPC for X-Plane.

Some users may also not be aware that you can actually use LRM Client even if you are using other ACARS systems (such as a custom VA ACARS client and your computer will effectively report your flight details to both systems at the same time :))

There should be a newer BETA release out later this week too which fixes the issue of G-Force not showing in X-Plane as well as some other nice improvements so if you wanted/happy to help out please monitor the forums for the latest BETA release download link later this week - the more people that we can get to test the quicker and safer it’ll be for me to then release it to the public as a “stable” release!

Anyways guys, enjoy your evening and thanks for reporting back Vernon.

Cheers,
Bobby

2 Likes

Future feature request. Running total of hours flown.

Is this:

Not what you mean? If so we already have this :slight_smile:

Ignore me. I totally missed it on my dashboard.

It’s okay, no worries :+1:

I have a couple of hours with FSX or X-Plane now. No problems here. Really like this program!

3 Likes

This is fantastic, thanks for letting us know Vernon!

…I am really pleased to hear that you like the software and are getting on well with it :+1:

1 Like

Have tried helicopters in FSX. Works great.

2 Likes

Thanks Vernon :+1 You’re using MSFS 2020 right?

So sorry. FSX, and sometimes X-Plane.

I do not think I can run MSFS.

I’m using 4.2.2 atm with MSFS. If you need to test something, let me know and I can glady help.

thanks

1 Like

Welcome @AlexCelis!

We’d be more than happy to have you help test our current BETA client, as well as any future releases of LRM and/or FsHub.

If you’d like to be part of the Test Pilots group that we intend to use for a more focused approach to testing, you’re more than welcome to join our Discord (if you haven’t already) and send me a DM stating you’d like to be a Test Pilot. I’ll get you set up with the Discord role where you’ll have access to a few new channels to discuss specifics about our current testing objectives.