[SOLVED] Flight not recorded, even though LRM client showed landingrate - possible bug?

Hi,

I am using p3dv4 latest version and the “old” LRM monitor. Today did a flight from LOWW to LPMA (unfortunatly had to perform a go around in Funchal with my wheels touching the runway on the first approach). had the gps tracker on a second device on (unfortunatly didnt do a screenshot). the flight is not showing on my profile, even though the LRM Monitor capured values from the first “touching the rw” and than also the second one which was my final landing. On the gps track I saw that shortly before turning final on the first approach it seems to have lost the connection, because later one when on the ground it drew a strait line to my parked aircraft. Dont know why its not there?

Had a similar event two days ago when flying from Cape town in Aftrica to Windhoek, there the airport of departure was not detected and it said “unkown”. Even though there i accidentally hit the Y key and came into slew mode and driftet a couple of miles east… reckon this is why its not shown correctly, but maybe something changed since the new client is out? (which i didnt switch to for the time beeing).

Would appriciate your feedback.

really great work and thanks for all the effort you do!

Hi Jacob, welcome to the forums!

My theory is that the old client might not have had enough time between touching down and taking off again to recognize that you had done so, thus not creating a “new” flight record. I am confirming this with the developer as we speak. I’ll update you as soon as I hear back from him.

Meanwhile, you’re more than welcome to try our BETA client, which includes better support for touch-and-go operations (inadvertent or otherwise), among other things. This improved functionality may assist in cases such as yours (if, in fact, my theory is correct).

As soon as I hear back from the developer concerning a potential cause, I’ll update you further!

Hi Clorix! Thanks so much for your fast reply - yes will go for the BETA client but hope to not encounter too many of these go/arounds anyway :). Again: thx so much for your great job you are all doing! Cheers, Jacob

Good evening Jacob, sorry for the late reply (I was busy with my family this evening) but to echo what Clorix said - Welcome to the forums my friend :slight_smile:

Firstly, I’m sorry to hear you’ve had some troubles this evening (and one the other day too).

Let’s try to work out what happened here then…

I am using p3dv4 latest version and the “old” LRM monitor. Today did a flight from LOWW to LPMA (unfortunatly had to perform a go around in Funchal with my wheels touching the runway on the first approach). had the gps tracker on a second device on (unfortunatly didnt do a screenshot). the flight is not showing on my profile, even though the LRM Monitor capured values from the first “touching the rw” and than also the second one which was my final landing. On the gps track I saw that shortly before turning final on the first approach it seems to have lost the connection, because later one when on the ground it drew a strait line to my parked aircraft. Dont know why its not there?

As Clorix also pointed out, if you start using the LRM 4.2.1 that would be better suited as it would “combat” the touch-and-go logging of flights - The reason why this was not added originally (in LRM 4.0.0 and in previous versions) is due to the fact that LRM client was originally developed to capture “Landings” (and as such… normal or touch and go’s accounted as a “landing” as some pilots want to log ALL landings regardless to the pilot log book so they don’t have to look at/remember what the client said after EACH landing) and as such, the client that you’re using (v4.0.0) is actually working as it was originally designed to do (it captured the first landing and the second one but the second one being a “new flight” which obviously is not what you wanted) - I appreciate that more people nowadays are using FsHub in different ways (the majority now flying longer journeys and hauling virtual passengers) and therefore (as of v4.2.1) I’ve now added in the ability to “ignore” touch-and-go landings and thus, combine them into a single flight report, of which, I hope, most users will like (but for those that want to keep the old way, they can simply disable the new feature) :slight_smile:

FYI - The LRM client will always display whatever the landing stats are as soon as the aircraft wheels touch the ground but please don’t get confused… the client will not always log the flight to FsHub even if the stats show in the client (such as if the user has disabled FsHub integration in the client and (I suspect this may be one of the things that has happened to you here, is that) you have the “Ignore flights less than 15 minutes” checked in your FsHub settings) - This is the screenshot of what I mean:

So, if you have the above field checked/enabled then once your aircraft takes off (or takes off again AFTER a touch and go landing, that is, using the 4.0.0 client then the next landing will be ignored if the “second flight” is essentially less than 15 minutes) - BUT all of this is “fixed” and should work like you want it to in the 4.2.1 BETA release :slight_smile:

Had a similar event two days ago when flying from Cape town in Aftrica to Windhoek, there the airport of departure was not detected and it said “unknown”. Even though there i accidentally hit the Y key and came into slew mode and driftet a couple of miles east… reckon this is why its not shown correctly, but maybe something changed since the new client is out? (which i didn’t switch to for the time being).

Firstly, as long as FsHub “detected” your take-off within 30nm of your airport you can actually “correct” it by editing the flight report and choosing the departure airport from the list - but I’m assuming that your first “GPS position” on your flight the other day was further than 30nm away :frowning:

But one major issue that causes these kinds of problems is if you lose internet connectivity for longer than 5 minutes… As AFTER five minutes of FsHub NOT getting any GPS data from your aircraft (maybe your internet connection dropped for a few minutes?) it will assume that you’ve shut your computer down or crashed/exited the game (as obviously FsHub cannot keep all GPS data forever and we have to do some “garbage collection” to ensure that everything keeps running smoothly for the other users on the platform.

I can therefore only assume that maybe you had an internet dropout for a period of time during that flight which caused the original take-off and part of the flight to be essentially lost?

However, based on you raising this issue and a discussion with Clorix this evening on Discord voice - I now plan to add some additional “logging” functionality (a local log file) so we can quickly work out why these kinds of issues occasionally happen… I may also look at adding an optional feature to alert you in-sim if the connection to FsHub has been dropped (so you can check your internet connection or whatever and should allow users to reboot their router or whatever within the 5 minutes before FsHub “thinks” you’ve shutdown/crashed or exited the simulator early - I think this may be helpful for some users that may experience these kinds of issues regularly.

I’m sorry for all of the information overload above and probably a lot of what I’ve said is wayyy too much information for you to care about and/or sound confusing :smiley: but I wanted to add some depth as to why/how this might of happened so you have a better understanding of how it works internally and why.

So in summary… using the LRM 4.2.1 (and versions going forward) will sort out the issue of your recent flight not be recorded as to how you wanted it to (also just be sure to check the setting in your FsHub account too so that flights are not being ignored if less than 15 minutes) :slight_smile:

Please do ask if you have any further questions or would like me to clarify anything from the above :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Bobby

Wow Bobby. Thx for taking so much time to answer me! (Nearly) all understood :grimacing:. Will update to the new client and let you know if I encounter anything else.

Best regards
Jacob

1 Like

No problem Jacob :grinning:

I will look forward to your feedback on v4.2.1 then.

Stay safe!
Bobby